The first weeks back to school are an important time to strengthen and forge relationships, to rebuild routines and rituals, or make new ones to create community at school. Working together, educators, community partners and families can recoup and thrive, especially if they use their attendance data from the prior year to identify who needs additional outreach and assess if efforts to engage students and families are working.
For our second AAC webinar, Welcomed: Embracing Students, Families and Educators in the New School Year, on
Wednesday, August 4, 2021, special guest speakers will discuss how a holistic approach to rebounding is more possible than ever before, given the growth of community schools, increase in school-connected health resources and availability of federal recovery funding.
You’ll hear from:
- Reverend Larry Simmons, Executive Director, Brightmoor Alliance; Pastor, Baber Memorial AME Church; Co-founder, Every School Day Counts Detroit
- Eric Gordon, CEO, Cleveland Metropolitan School District
- Abe Fernandez, Vice President of Collective Impact & Director of National Center for Community Schools at Children’s Aid
- Kwesi Rollins, Vice President for Leadership and Engagement, IEL
- Moderator: Hedy Chang, Executive Director, Attendance Works
Find the webinar recording, presentation slides, discussion guide and list of resources shared in the webinar chat box on our website here.